Dear ICF Family,
With the recent developments in Cyprus of the Covid-19 virus and following the already confirmed cases, the government has already started implementation of certain measures to minimise the spread across our island.
• We as ICF and followers of Christ want to make sure that we are supporting the country efforts and it is important that we act wisely in the current situation.
• We are closely monitoring the fast changing updates from the government and will inform you of any new developments as quickly as we can.• Currently there is a ban on all indoor gatherings of above 75 people across the country; therefore, we will not be meeting together at our American Academy venue.
• Considering the uncertainty, we have taken the decision to not do house groups this week, but would ask each family to join zoom from their homes and we can meet virtually all together.o Instructions will be sent out tomorrow on how to use ZOOM to connect, as well as information on the continuation of our study of I Thessalonians.o We should all aim to connect a few minutes before 10:30, so we can all start at 10:30 all together.
• Moreover, we have decided to postpone Celebration Sunday until late April, so we have more time and instructions with regards to nominations for the ICF Leadership Team.
• Finally, we are mindful that some of our members are more vulnerable to the virus, and we are working on a plan to help them in any way possible in the coming days/weeks with practical things.
It is important during this time to keep our faith and trust in God. There are no promises in the Bible that exempt us from difficulties and troubles. But, Jesus does say this to us in John 14:27, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” Though for the world this may be a scary time, for those who follow Christ it does not have to be. Jesus promises us peace and that we need not be afraid. This verse is in the passage where Jesus tells the disciples that they will be receiving the Holy Spirit when Jesus leaves. We too receive the Holy Spirit when we follow Jesus. We have no need to fear because we have God in us. We can trust and have faith in him to be with us in the midst of these difficult times.
Blessings,The ICF Leadership Team